Monday, April 25, 2005

Monday, monday...

Here it is, Monday evening in Monterey. I'm sitting at a local coffeehouse surrounded by college students studying. The people to the right of me must be studying law because I hear them discussing motive, self defense pleas, and what constitutes stress. There's a couple of japanese girls to my left, and their stream of conversation has been non-stop since I sat down. No doubt since before I sat down. I've got a cd of my sister and her husband interviewing her in Grand Central Station, NYC. I put my headphones on and started to listen to it. Immediately I was engrossed. Sucked in like a black hole. I listened to a minute or two of it, then decided to stop and write this blog entry. I want to listen to it when I'm at home with no distractions where I can put it on in my studio, and really get into it. So now I've got a funky bunch of sounds coming my way via the internet. Adding to the rest of the sounds leaking into my ears. Music from the cafe, people talking, upstairs and downstairs. I've got funk in my ears and there's jazz coming from the house speakers. I'm nearly done with my mocha, whose end will signal the time for me to head back to the barn. Every minute brings more students climbing the stairs looking for someplace to park themselves and their laptops. Nine out of ten students I see here have one. Mostly PC's, but one or two Apples, including mine. The wireless internet works great here, and best of all it's free! Now if they just add some more tables...

You've just vicariously, through literary device, experienced shades of a few moments in my life. I hope it helps. We now return you to your own previously scheduled existence. Thanks for stopping by.

Monday, monday...

No comments: