Saturday, July 02, 2005

Go Live 8! Death to poverty and starvation!

Just a quick post to say I've been checking out the concert clips from Live 8. I'm trying to find a live feed but so far I've only found AOL and the BBC, and they're running clips. AOL says it's live but they're showing Berlin and London, and it's still light out while it's still light out here in Cali. They're still tres cool though! I just finished checking out Green Day in Berlin, and they rocked the house closing with the classic Queen hit, "WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS". I admit I've never been a real fan, or even paid that much attention to them ever since I first saw them in Dallas at Lollapalooza. But they did a great set, and I'm glad I caught it. I also saw part of Elton John's set, and he tore it up! Rocked it in true Elton John fashion! Add some Lucky Dube in from Johannesburg, and some Orchestra Baobob, Lindiwe and REM too, and you've got a heady brew for a saturday afternoon! Go Live 8! Death to poverty and starvation! G8 Leaders, you better be listening! It's time to step up to the plate and make history! Right now!

No comments: